ROYAL Tube PVC Column Forms
ROYALtube is formed to the desired size from a specially designed plastic profile by RIBLOC, with a unique snap joint lock. The specialised machine creates a continuous helically wound, high performance tube ready for concrete.
SIZE: 250mm – 2000mm diameter. Refer to table below for safe pour heights.
ROYALtube PVC Column Tubes:
- are safe and user-friendly. They do not have razor sharp edges like steel tubes;
- do not corrode like steel tubing;
- are environmentally friendly – the profile is recyclable;
- are more rigid than cardboard tubes;
- are waterproof*;
- do not require special weather protection*;
- save labour and construction time – they are easy use, strip and remove;
- are strong and lightweight;
- are the pioneer and market leader of circular column tubes in
*Please note details below regarding storage of Lined Column tubes.
Classes of Finish
There are two (2) finishes that can be achieved;
- Spiral Class 3 – which will show a spiral line on the finished column used for Jetty Piers, Bored Pier Liners and Bridge Voids ; or
- Architectural Class 2 – the tube is lined with a rigid plastic sheet to give an ultra-smooth finish to the (Depending on the diameter of the column, one or more vertical lines will appear where the liner is joined), used for columns
ROYALtube Columns should be stacked vertically out of direct sunlight. It is recommended that Architectural Class 2, lined columns are protected from wet weather and prolonged sunlight, as the moisture and sun will degrade the fibreglass tape used to secure the lining to the tube. Where columns are to be stored horizontally, please ensure the following steps are taken;
- The ground must be flat, even and clear of debris;
- ROYALtube Column stacks should not exceed 5m in height; and
- ROYALtube Columns made from Heavy-duty Profile 140 should not be stored on top of the Standard Profile
ROYALtube Columns can be manufactured in to the Standard P98 Profile or the Heavy-Duty P140 Profile.
- P98 has a 98mm diameter and 5mm thick ribs
- P140 has a 140mm diameter and 14mm thick ribs
Both the top and bottom of the column must be secured into their designated positions. Typically, the base of the ROYALtube Column is secured by surrounding it with four (4) equally spaced 4×3 timbers fixed into the floor slab. The top of the column is secured by the soffit formwork (formply). Where there is no soffit formwork it is recommended that a “dummy” soffit be erected and back-propped using ROYALprops. Bracing is also recommended for column tubes ≥3.5m tall with diameters larger than 450mm.
Please note: ALL ROYALtube Columns must stand with the arrow pointing upwards.
ROYALtube Columns are braced according to accepted industry practice. Bracing ensures the columns remain straight and reduces the chances of bowing during pouring. It is especially important with tall, small diameter columns.
Two (2) commonly used methods of stripping ROYALtube Columns are:
- Unwinding – Use a strong knife and pliers to break the spiral lock at the top of the column and unwind it by pulling it away from the concrete column. Once started, the unwinding can be easily be continued by
- Slab Stripping – Use an angle grinder or something similar to cut the ROYALtube Columns from top to They will spring them free from the concrete. This method is typically quicker than unwinding, but if you cut too deep you will leave score marks on the finished column.
ROYALtube Columns are custom made to the sizes ordered. Please check with individual braches if stock lengths are available.